No holiday to Mandalay is complete without a visit to MONYWA and PO WIN TAUNG. This is the good chance to visit Thanboddhay Pagoda of more than 500,000 Buddha images and Boditahtaung Pagoda of the largest reclining Buddha image. Po Win Taung can also amaze you too. Let's discover this in only two days!
Day 2: Monywa Adventure Tour to Po Win Tang – Mandalay (B /-/-)
Day 1: Mandalay Discovery Tours Monywa & Po Win Taung: Mandalay Adventure Tours – Monywa Sightseeing Tours ( B )
This morning, depart Mandalay for a 3-hour drive to Monywa, a typical Burmese town. Monywa is a city in central Myanmar and situated on the eastern bank of the Chindwin Rive. Mandalay Division. It lies 136 km north-west of Mandalay along the Mandalay-Budalin branch railway line. Monywa serves as a major trade center for India and Burma through Kalay Myo road and Chindwin river. On the way, visit Thanboddhay Pagoda, a huge Buddhist temple covered with more than 500,000 Buddha images. Also stop at Boditahtaung Pagoda which houses the largest reclining Buddha image in Myanmar, at 100m long and 27m high. This afternoon, explore some of the outlaying sights of Monywa. Visit the Kyaukka lacquer ware village and Shweguni Pagoda, one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Upper Myanmar.
Overnight in Monywa.
Day 2: Mandalay Discovery Tours Monywa & Po Win Taung: Monywa Adventure Tours to Po Win Taung – Mandalay ( B )
After breakfast, cross the Chindwin River by ferry and proceed to Po Win Taung by local open-air jeeps. This extraordinary complex consists of 947 sandstone caves dug out of the hills and contains what is considered by archaeologists to be the richest collection of mural paintings and Buddhist statues in Southeast Asia. After visiting Po Win Taung, continue a few hundred meters away to Shwe Ba Taung. Spend time exploring this interesting site where monasteries and temples are carved out rocky narrow cliffs. Return to Mandalay this afternoon.
*** End of services ***
1 night accommodation on half twin room basis with daily breakfast
All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers
Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
Ferry Fee & Local open air Jeep from Monywa to Po Win Taung
International ticket to/from Yangon
Domestic flights (rate: please refer to our flight tariffs)
Meals other than mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
Visa arrangements for Myanmar Fuel Surcharge for domestic flights
Visits not mentioned in the program
Drinks and personal expensesTips and porters at the hotels
International departure Airport Tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
Any other items not mentioned
Remark: The above mentioned supplement for language guide apply starting from 2pax traveling. For 1 pax, TBA on adhoc basis.* IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
1. Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
2. Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
2. A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc.
4. Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights.
5. Visas are required by all visitors to Myanmar. A visa must be obtained before entering Myanmar or On Arrival Visa is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay).
The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date.
For more detail information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
MANDALAY DISCOVERY TOUR TO MONYWA AND PO WIN TAUNG